How to sign notifications online
A company’s notifications can be signed online by:
- a member or the chairperson of the board of directors of a limited liability company, housing company, mutual real estate limited company, or co-operative, or, when filing changes, also the house manager of a housing company or a mutual real estate limited company, or the managing director
- the private trader
- partners in general partnerships
- general partners in limited partnerships.
If a corporation is a partner in a general partnership or limited partnership, the corporation cannot sign a notification online.
Holders of procuration or persons authorised to represent the company cannot sign a Trade Register notification.
Persons registered at the Trade Register before 1994
The details of board members, managing directors, house managers, and partners registered at the Trade Register before 1994 do not include their personal identity codes, which is why they cannot sign notifications of changes online.
Please inform the Trade Register of their personal identity codes to give them access to online signing. The notification is free of charge.
Read our instructions in Finnish. Open link in a new tab
Read our instructions in Swedish. Open link in a new tab
Are you signing a notification filled in by someone else?
If someone else has filled in the notification and you are signing it, proceed as follows:
- Log into the online service at ytj.fi using your personal internet banking codes, your mobile ID, or your electronic identity card (HST card). After logging in, you are automatically directed to the front page of the service. Please note that the service is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.
- Are you signing a start-up notification? You can see the notifications on the front page. Click on the notification you want to sign.
- Are you signing a notification of changes? On the front page, fill in the number of the notification in the field "Ilmoituksen allekirjoittaminen"/"Underteckna anmälan" and click “Hae"/"Sök".
On the signing page, confirm that you have checked the notification. Select whether your company will only use the online service or also paper forms for filing changes in future (not applicable to changes of address). See also “Signature and filing of future changes".
Signature and filing of future changes
Before signing your notification, the online service will ask you to select one of the following:
- “Vain sähköiset ilmoitukset ovat sallittuja"/"Endast e-anmälningar accepteras" if online notifications are accepted only.
- “Ilmoituksia saa vastaanottaa myös paperilomakkeina"/"Anmälningar får tas emot även på pappersblanketter" if paper notifications can also be accepted.
If you choose online notifications only, the Finnish Trade Register and the Finnish Tax Administration will not accept paper forms (Y forms) from your company. In this way, you make sure that no one but authorised persons can file notifications for your company in future.
You can change your selection the next time you file an online notification with the Trade Register or the Tax Administration and select the other option.
Make your selection when signing any of the following notifications:
start-up notification (if there are several persons signing, only one of them makes the selection);
- notification of changes (excluding changes of address and contact details, and the notification of termination of an appointment recorded in the register);
- notification of beneficial owners.
Currently, it is not possible to submit just the information that the company will only use online notifications.