You must notify the PRH and the Tax Administration when you start up a business or an organization, make changes to it, or terminate it. You can use our online filing service in Finnish or in Swedish to file some of the notifications but some can only be filed using our paper forms.
On this website, you will find instructions for filing notifications
- with the PRH Trade Register or Register of Foundations, or
- with the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.
Please note that the PRH Register of Associations is not included in the Business Information System (BIS) – you cannot search for association details using the BIS company search on this website, and if you have filed notifications online or on paper with the BIS, they are not automatically forwarded to the Register of Associations. Read more about the Register of Associations on the PRH website.
You will find the instructions, online services and paper forms in the left-hand menu. There are separate instructions for each type of business and organization.
Please note that company addresses submitted to Posti are not forwarded to the BIS, and addresses submitted via ytj.fi are not forwarded to Posti. Therefore, remember the following:
- Submit your address to Posti when you start a business, set up a new office or change the name of your company.
- Inform Posti if your home address is the postal address of your company.
- Read more about how to submit your company address to Posti.