Notification of termination - associations

The Register of Associations is not included in the Finnish Business Information System (BIS), which is a system jointly maintained by the PRH and the Tax Administration. You cannot search for association details via the BIS company search, and the notifications that you have filed online or on paper with the BIS are not automatically forwarded to the Register of Associations.

If an association is listed in the Tax Administration’s registers or - owing to business activities - in the Trade Register at the PRH, you must report termination of business to both registers.

Otherwise you only have to notify the Register of Associations on the termination (dissolution) of an association. Read more about the dissolution of an association that has only been registered in the Register of Associations on the PRH website.

Use our paper forms to file notifications

Report termination of an association using form Y4 and appendix form 15 (available only in Finnish and in Swedish). It is not yet possible for associations to report notifications of online.

If you wish, you can keep the association in the Trade Register but remove it from the Tax Administration’s Employer Register, Prepayment Register and VAT Register. Then, report changes using form Y4.

Please scroll down for the forms and instructions. Fill in the form with appendices - either in Finnish or in Swedish - on your computer, then print it at A4 size, and send it to the address given on the form.

Termination notifications are free of charge.

Please fill in the forms in Finnish or in Swedish.

  • To notify termination only with the Tax Administration, use form Y4.
  • To notify termination of an association, use form Y4 and Appendix Form 15 in Finnish or in Swedish.

Download paper forms and instructions