Skip to main content

Notification of changes - housing companies

If changes occur within your company, you must immediately file a notification of changes with us to keep your company records up to date in the PRH Trade Register, and in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.

Companies set up from 2 January 2019

The basic details of a housing company are transferred automatically to the Tax Administration after the PRH has registered the company with the Trade Register (from February 2019).

After this, the company can be filed with the VAT Register, Employer Register, and Prepayment Register, which are maintained by the Tax Administration. File a notification of changes in the online service at or by using a paper form.

Please note that the online filing is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.


Most notifications of change to the Trade Register are subject to a fee. It is however free of charge to file changes to your address or contact details, and file a notification of termination of appointment. See the prices at link in a new tab

When filing online, the service will calculate the handling fee for you. A housing company can pay in the online service with internet banking codes or by credit card or give an online invoicing address.

Notification of changes online

You can notify us about changes to the following details online:

  • address and contact details
  • company name, parallel company names
  • auxiliary company names and their lines of business
  • accounting period
  • place of registered office
  • persons holding responsible positions: board of directors, auditors, house managers, holders of procuration, and persons authorised to represent the company
  • resignation or termination of your appointment if you have held a responsible position in a company
  • line(s) of business to be reported to the Trade Register
  • capital details: share capital, shares, options and other special rights, and authorisation of the board of directors
  • articles of association
  • converting the articles of association into a new electronic form
  • merger (absorption merger or subsidiary merger)
  • main line of business to be reported to the Tax Administration
  • details entered in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register.

If you want to report the changes using paper form Y4 and Appendix Form 13B, you will find the forms at the end of this page. Fill in the forms – either in Finnish or in Swedish – on your computer, then print them in A4 size, and send them to the address given on the form.

Read more about the situations where you need to file a notification of changes to the Trade Register at link in a new tab

  • To file changes only with the Tax Administration, or changes to address or contact details only, use form Y4.
  • To file most common changes, use form Y4, Appendix Form 13B in Finnish or in Swedish, and the Personal Data Form.
  • To notify of merger or demerger of a housing company, use form Y4 and Appendix Form 16 in Finnish or in Swedish.