Companies registered at the Finnish Trade Register can authorise someone outside the company to sign their notifications.
Please note that companies registered only in the registers of the Finnish Tax Administration (the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register), but not in the Finnish Trade Register, cannot authorise a representative.
Who can authorise?
The following company representatives registered at the Finnish Trade Register can give authorisations:
- ordinary members of the board of directors in limited liability companies, housing companies, mutual real estate limited companies, or co-operatives
- managing directors
house managers of housing companies or mutual real estate limited companies
- private traders
- partners in general partnerships, or general partners in limited partnerships.
How to authorise online
Please note that online filing at ytj.fi is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.
This is how you authorise a representative at ytj.fi so that he or she can file notifications on behalf of your company:
- Log on to the online service using your personal Internet banking codes, your mobile certificate, or your electronic identity card (HST card).
- Enter the Business ID of the company and select “Jatka" or “Fortsätt".
- Select “Valtuuta asiamies" or “Auktorisera ett ombud".
- Enter the personal identity code and surname of the representative, and the starting date of the authorisation. If the authorisation is valid for an unspecified period, you do not need to enter the end date.
- Select “Tallenna" or “Spara".
When does the authorisation end?
The authorisation ends
- when the authorisation expires, or
- when the authorised representative, or the person giving the authorisation, removes the authorisation, or
- when the person giving the authorisation no longer has a position in the company that entitles them to give authorisations.
The validity is checked every time the authorisation is used.
In the “Valtuutukset" or “Auktoriseringar" list, you can see the persons who the company has authorised, the authorisation period, and the name of the person who gave the authorisation. In the “Valtuutushistoria" or “Auktoriseringshistoria" list, you will find information about previous authorisations and why they ended.
You can only remove authorisations that you have given.
In the “Valtuutukset" or “Auktoriseringar" list, you can see the companies that have authorised you, the authorisation period, and the name of the person who authorised you.
In the “Valtuutushistoria" or “Auktoriseringshistoria" list, you will find information about your latest authorisations that have ended and why they ended.
You can end your authorisation in the companies you have selected.