Company and organisation search
You can use the company and organisation search to search for basic details of companies, organisations, and associations e.g. by their Business ID. The search is free of charge.
What details does the search contain?
As an example, the search gives you the following details of companies, organisations or foundations:
- Business ID
- the registers which it has been registered with (including the Finnish Trade Register, Finnish Register of Associations and Finnish Register of Foundations, and the Prepayment Register, Employer Register and VAT Register at the Finnish Tax Administration)
- company name (trade name), and parallel company names and auxiliary company names, if any
- company form
- place of registered office (home municipality)
- main line of business
- language of the company (Finnish or Swedish)
- postal address or street address, and other submitted contact details (telephone number, fax number, email address, or website address)
- company situation (bankruptcy, liquidation or restructuring proceedings, if any)
- possible information on the interruption of business
- tax debt details
- the LEI code issued by the PRH and the date of issue
- the EUID of the limited liability company and its branch to be used when searching for companies via the European e-Justice Portal.
The search shows details that are in effect at the time of viewing. The previous detail is shown for some of the details.
Under “Register history”, you can view which register the company or organisation has previously been registered with.
The name and address of natural persons with private trader (“tmi”, “toiminimi” or “toiminimiyrittäjä” in Finnish) as company type are not shown in the public information service because of privacy protection if the person is not registered at the Finnish Trade Register or the Finnish VAT Register. In that case, only the Business ID, company form and register entries are shown.
Company tax debt
The Tax Debt Register is a public service allowing you to check outstanding tax liabilities and negligence in tax return filing. The service includes companies, self-employed, and estates of deceased persons operating a business. Negligence in filing means that the Tax Return for Self-Assessed Taxes has been filed late or not filed at all.
The register entries are not permanent. Instead, they are removed from the register immediately after the settlement of the debt has been received, or after receipt of the Tax Return for Self-Assessed Taxes. Although the tax debt is publicly disclosed, the register does not show any exact amounts.
You do not have to log on to the service to retrieve tax debt details of companies or organisations through the search. However, you must log on with your ID to retrieve tax debt details of private traders or estates of deceased persons. Tax debt details of private traders or estates of deceased persons may only be used for purposes referred to in the Public Procurement Act and in the Act on the Contractor’s Obligations and Liability when Work is Contracted Out.
Private traders can also check their tax debt details from the search when they have identified themselves in the service.
Please contact the Tax Administration for further details. Go to the Finnish Tax Administration’s website at vero.fi.Open link in a new tab
Details of companies and foundations in Virre Information Service
The Finnish Trade Register contains more detailed information about companies. In addition to company details, the Finnish Trade Register contains details of housing companies and tenant-owners’ societies.
The Finnish Register of Foundations contains details about the registered foundations.
Use the PRH Virre Information Service to have an electronic Trade Register extract free of charge. You can also buy the following documents:
- company’s financial statements
- articles of association (organisation rules)
- extracts from the Finnish Register of Foundations
- electronic abstracts of the Finnish Register of Enterprise Mortgages
Details of associations in the Information Service of the Finnish Register of Associations
You will find details of persons entitled to sign for and rules of associations, chambers of commerce and religious communities in the Information Service of the Finnish Register of Associations.
You can buy electronic Trade Register extracts or rules in the service.