Start-up notification - private traders

You can file a start-up notification for private traders with the Finnish Trade Register online.

To use the online service, you need to have a Finnish personal identity code and personal internet banking codes or an electronic identity card (HST card).

What can I do online?

You can file a private trader's details with the Trade Register maintained by the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH). The service is available only in Finnish and in Swedish.

After having filed the start-up notification, you can register your company online with the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.

What details do I need?

You must report the following details to set up as a private trader online:

  • Company name
  • Line of business
  • Place of registered office
  • Address and contact details of the company

Please note that you must report all the details either in Finnish or in Swedish.

Once the company is listed in the Trade Register, you can file auxiliary company names.

How do I get a Business ID?

You will get a Business ID once you have signed the start-up notification and paid the handling fee of 75 euros online.

What if I already have a Business ID?

If you already have a Business ID, use the notification of changes available online to file the start-up notification of a private trader with the Trade Register.

You can use our online services to help you fill in the notification of changes to file your company with the Trade Register.

Online filing to the Finnish Tax Administration

When you have received your Business ID, you may fill out a Web form in order to ask for registrations in the Tax Administration's VAT register, prepayment register and the register of employers; and submit your other details as necessary. In addition, tax prepayments on income will be required of business taxpayers. Request a calculation of prepayments (